From 3D-printed motorcycle to designer table: Meet the EUROPEAN ALUMINIUM AWARD 2016 nominees
Published on: Wednesday 28 September 2016 on 11:53 hour
Lightweight, powerful and aesthetically pleasing – engineers, designers and architects consider aluminium the material that helps them create innovations and emphasise the features they care about. Want proof? Look no further than the EUROPEAN ALUMINIUM AWARD, the aluminium industry’s biennial award honouring the most creative and unusual new developments.
Look at the 19 nominated entries
Out of 52 innovative products from 18 countries submitted this year, 19 were nominated. The award will be presented on 29 November at ALUMINIUM 2016, the world’s largest industry trade fair taking place in Düsseldorf.
Nominated products range from a body for an electric vehicle to a 3D-printed motorcycle, and from a wind-protection wall for offshore oil rigs to a high-tech building façade designed by star architect Zaha Hadid. What they all have in common is that they integrate aluminium in a new and innovative way. The award is presented in these categories:
- Automotive, Architecture & Construction,
- Design & Lifestyle,
- Production Techniques,
- Tools & Machinery,
- The additional Young Talents Award recognises young designers and engineers.
Examine the nominated products yourself in Hall 10.
Throughout the trade fair, ALUMINIUM visitors will be able to examine the nominated products at the Award Pavilion in Hall 10. An independent jury of international experts from Germany, the UK, Italy, the Netherlands and Denmark headed by Prof. Laurens Katgerman (Delft Technical University) and Vito Oražem (Design Zentrum Nordrhein Westfalen) will select the best entries. The winner of the Design & Lifestyle award will be chosen through online voting by the visitors of the ALUMINIUM trade fair.
Go to the ceremony in Hall 11
The award ceremony, which will take place at the ALUMINIUM Forum in Hall 11, is scheduled to start at 4 pm on 29 November.
More information about the ALUMINIUM 2016.
All news Items
- 29-11-2016 | Winners of the EUROPEAN ALUMINIUM AWARD 2016
- 23-11-2016 | Vote Now and Win an iPad mini!
- 28-09-2016 | From 3D-printed motorcycle to designer table: Meet the EUROPEAN ALUMINIUM AWARD 2016 nominees
- 19-08-2016 | Final Deadline August 31
- 18-07-2016 | August 15, Extended Deadline Entries 2016 Award
- 23-06-2016 | First Entries for 2016 Award
- 11-04-2016 | New Entries for 2016 Award