International Jury for EUROPEAN ALUMINIUM AWARD 2016
An independent International Jury headed by Prof. Laurens Katgerman, of the Technical University of Delft and vice chair Vito Oražem, - Managing Director, Design Zentrum Nordrhein Westfalen will judge the entries of the EUROPEANALUMINIUM AWARD 2016 competition.
Other jury members come from Germany, England, The Netherlands and Denmark.
In principle the products must be designed for mass and serial production. For each category a selection committee compares the entries against the regulations.
The nominated entries are then assessed by an independent jury. The winners of the EUROPEAN ALUMINIUM AWARD receive a sculpture, made of aluminium, as well as a certificate. Winners and nominees are on display during the ALUMINIUM 2016 Trade Fair from 29 November - 1 December 2016 in Messe Düsseldorf.
An independent Jury is a guarantee for fair judgement. Members for this jury are chosen from the fields of science, design and media.
- Prof. Laurens Katgerman: International recognised expert in the field of aluminium technology, Faculty of Mechanical, Maritime and Materials Engineering (3mE), Delft University of Technology, (NL)
- Mr. Vito Oražem: Managing Director, Design Zentrum Nordrhein Westfalen, (DE)
- Mr. Stuart Preston: Consultant, The Institute of Materials (IOM), (UK)
- Prof. Frans Soetens: Professor of Aluminium Constructions TU/E, (NL)
- Mr. Franz-Josef Wöstmann: Head of Foundry Department, Fraunhofer IFAM, Lost Foam Council. e.V., (DE)
- Mr Cyriel Clauwaert: General Manager Aluminium Center Belgium, (BE)
- Mr. Jim Hansen: General manager Aluminium Danmark, (DK)
- Mr. Wolfgang Heidrich: Head of Transportation, Engineering and Standardisation, GDA, (DE)
- Mr. Rein van de Velde: Consultant, van de Velde Consultancy, (NL)
- Mr. Mario Conserva: Editorial staff Edimet/consultant Aluminio e Leghe, (I)
- Ms. Nadine Firth: Editor of Aluminium International Today (GB)
- Mr. Okko Ebens: General Manager Aluminium Centrum, (NL)
Join the EUROPEAN ALUMINIUM AWARD 2016
Designers, manufacturers, builders and constructors can enter into various categories for the 10th EUROPEAN ALUMINIUM AWARD Industrial Design & Engineering. The Aluminium Award is given to products or projects in which aluminium has been applied in an innovative manner. Awards will be given in 6 main categories. Both “Consumer Products” and “Industrial Products” as well as end-products and components may apply in all categories.
The Jury will give an Overall Jury Prize for the entry with the most striking contribution to 'Aluminium for Future Generations'.
EXTRA is the Young Talents Award to honour motivated students and independant young designers and engineers under 30 for their creative ideas.
All entries will be promoted in the Award Pavilion at ALUMINIUM 2016 in Messe Düsseldorf from 29 November – 1 December 2016 and shown at the Award website.
The EUROPEAN ALUMINIUM AWARD is an initiative of the Dutch Aluminium Centre and supported by the European Aluminium Association (EAA), the GDA - the German Aluminium Association - and ALUMINIUM 2016.